Advantech ICR-3xxx series
To install the AI manager, login to your Advantech device following the device manufacturers manual. You will end up at the device configuration as displayed in the image below. Scroll down until you see the "User Modules" section in the left column:
Click the "User Modules" button in the left column. Subsequently, click "Choose File", select the
.tar.gzmodule you have just downloaded, and click "Add or Update". After clicking the "Add or Update" button the AI Manager will list under "Scailable" in your list of Available user modules.
Please note that the ICR-3xxx has limited processing. This means the device is well suited for:
- Vision applications that operate relatively slowly. For example, checking literring around a garbage container, or checking whether cars are improperly parked are things one can do once every 5 seconds instead of 20 times a second.
- AI models that are relatively small (ballpark figure, < 5Mb) and have a relatively small input size (for example 128x128 pixels). The input size of a model often directly affects the execution speed on the device. Note that for all our library models the speed of the models is well documented.
- Due to the limited processing the SmartFlex is poorly suited for OCR / ANPR applications.
For AI solutions on the ICR-3xxx we provide the following tips:
- Use cameras that allow for direct access to static images (PNG, JPEG, etc). This greatly increases the throughput speed of the full application.
- Make sure the date and time of the device are set correctly. Preferably, using the device's NTP service option.